- Name of the course: Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch (Reg III/4)
- Course approved by: Maritime Administration of Panama
- Language: English
- Instructor: qualified instructors of TCS “AVANT”
- Students: 25
- Duration: 21 days (including required certificates)
- Age at the end of education – not less than 18
- Basic English knowledge required
- Minimum physical conditions required as per IMO are:
– Height 155 cm
– Weight 48 kgs.
– Eyesight 6/6 in each eye without visual aids. Normal colour vision.
- Digital photo
- Color copy of valid Passport
|IMO||Name of the Panama courses||Abbreviation||Duration
|Deck Department Courses|
|7.09||Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch (Reg III/4)||WER||96 h||Engine Rating – training certificate|
|Basic Safety training|
|1.19||Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques||BPS||14 h||BPS – certificate|
|1.20||Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting||BFF||15 h||BFF – certificate|
|1.13||Elementary First Aid||BFA||15 h||BFA – certificate|
|1.21||Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities||PSSR||20 h||PSSR – certificate|
|3.26||Security Training for Seafarers whith Designated Security Duties||DSD||10 h||DSD – certificate|
- To complete the education process required to have 2 months sea service.
- The sea service may be obtained on any ship at your region or TCS Avant will provide training ship.
- Available sea service will be counted towards sea service required to have for the complete education.
- Proof of the sea service:
– Certificate of seagoing service (letter of experience) on the served ship form (signed and stamped by Master)
– A copy of your national Seamen’s Book stamped with ships served.
For endorsement of the education received, you need to provide the following documents to the any consulate of the panama in any country.
|List of documents to be submitted to PMA/regional consulate by email scanned copies to obtain :
Panama SB (Seamen’s Book) / CDC (Continuos Discharge Book ).
|IMO||COURSES AND OTHER||NOTE|
Application form (attached as an example, will be provided by Panama Consulate)
|to be attached|
|–||Color photos, 4 x 4 cm (shoulders and face exposed, not head covering, white background) recently taken (no more than six (6) months), attached to the application form.||to be attached|
|–||Sea service (experience letter), as per detailed instructions||to be attached|
Valid Medical Certificate according to: Regulation I/9 of the STCW’78, as amended, and to MLC 2006 (original document). Every consulate is obliged to request the “list of approved physicians” to the maritime authority of the corresponding country; and they shall send a copy to the corresponding Panama Maritime Authority’s regional documentation office.
|to be attached|
|7.09||Engine Rating – training certificate||copy|
|1.19||Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques ( BPS ) – certificate||copy|
|1.20||Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting ( BFF ) – certificate||copy|
|1.13||Elementary First Aid ( BFA ) – certificate||copy|
|1.21||Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities ( PSSR ) – certificate||copy|
|3.26||Security Training for Seafarers whith Designated Security Duties ( DSD ) – certificate||copy|
Panama consulate is endorsing received education in recognized training center TCS “Avant” and issue Panama Seamen’s Book / CDC which is indeed Certificate of Proficiency as a proof of the competency on behalf of the Panama Maritime Administration.
Panama consulate is endorsing received education in recognized training center TCS “Avant” and issue security endorsement based on the training received as DCD ( Designated Security Duties ) as a proof of the competency on behalf of the Panama Maritime Administration.