B007 Crane Operator
|COURSE FRAMEWORK||CODE B007|
|COURSE APPROVED BY|
according to requirements of STCW-78, as amended (Regulation I/12, II/5), Code of STCW, as amended (Sections А-I/12, А-II/5, Tables А-II/5), Code of Safe Working Practices”. with use of the Crane simulator “TRANSAS TechSim 5000”
The Crane Operator Course is intended for individuals that have little or no crane operating experience and wish to gain theoretical and practical knowledge of crane operations.
The key objectives are:
1. to introduce the participant to crane operations terminology;
2. to ensure the participant can identify and explain key elements of relevant legislation;
3. to ensure the participant understands the role and responsibilities of the crane operator and safety implications attached to that role;
4. to ensure the participant understands the main crane controls, safety devices, working limitations, associated hazards and safe work practices of an offshore crane operator;
5. to ensure the participant understands typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements;
6. the participant to practice operating a crane and crane simulator following a basic lifting plan after receiving.
The Course targeted audience, consists of all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity or rank on board.
There are no participant pre-requisites for attendance on the Crane Operator Course. Although participant must provide evidence of a medical/eye test to confirm their depth of vision and that they are not color blind.
On successful completion of the Course, a certificates will be issued verifying that the holder has been successfully trained and assessed on the elements of basic training I/12, II/5.
The maximum number of course attendees is 4
The course is conducted by qualified instructors that hold a valid Master’s license and have an adequate experience in this subject.
|FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT||
Classroom and “TRANSAS TechSim 5000”
Whiteboard and DVD player, overhead projector, placards, audio and video aids, PowerPoints
Theory in a classroom, practical exercises”TRANSAS TechSim 5000″ simulator
|BASED UPON IMO MODEL COURSES|
|COURSE DURATION||32 hours|