Q001 Marine Environmental Awareness
|COURSE FRAMEWORK||CODE Q001|
Marine Environmental Awareness
|COURSE APPROVED BY||
Approved by TCS Avant (TCS Avant approved by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Maritime Administration of : Panama, Republic of Marshall Islands, Ukraine)
This course is theoretical to enhance environment awareness, taking into account the whole maritime environment legislation, with particular regard to the measures to prevent pollution. The aim of the course is to provide the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical abilities for the implementation and management of the required documentation about marine pollution, in compliance with the requirements of Sections A‐ll/1 of Chapter II, A‐lll/1 and A‐lll/6 of Chapter III of the STCW 78 as amended in 2010.
The course content emphasizes concise communications, interpretation of documents and analysis of complex managerial issues in the maritime sector dealing with various high‐ranking officials
|OBJECTIVES||A trainee successfully completing this course will gain:
Knowledge of international maritime law embodied in international agreements and conventions
1.certificates and other documents required to be carried on board ships by international conventions, how they may be obtained and their period of validity
2. responsibilities under the relevant requirements of the International Convention on Load Lines, 1966, as amended
responsibilities under the relevant requirements of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, as amended
4. responsibilities under the International Convention for Prevention of Pollution from Ships, as amended
5. maritime declarations of health and the requirements of the International Health Regulations
6. responsibilities under international instruments affecting the safety of the ship, passengers, crew and cargo
7. methods and aids to prevent pollution of the marine environment by ships
8. national legislation for implementing international agreements and conventions
Prevention of pollution of the marine environment and anti‐ pollution procedures
Importance of proactive measures to protect the marine environment
The course has been developed for and will be useful to international marine professionals both officers and engineers including electrical engineers, ship owners, shipping management staff (aboard the ship or onshore), ISM designated persons (DPAs) and maritime inspectors.
Certificate on successful completion of the training course to be issued.
The maximum number of course attendees is 25
The course is conducted by qualified instructors that hold a valid Master’s or Ch Eng license and have an adequate experience in this subject.
|FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT||
Whiteboard and DVD player, overhead projector, placards, audio and video aids, PowerPoints,
Theory in a classroom
|BASED UPON IMO MODEL COURSES||
|COURSE DURATION||16 hours|